Join our Team
Would you like to join our team? As the 2024 Festival approaches, we will be advertising a number of different positions. Read on for information about current positions.
UBUD FOOD FESTIVAL PROGRAM MANAGER
- Department: Program
- Reports to: Festival Director and Festival Manager
- Contract Period: From 1 October 2023 to September 30 2024
Job Overview: This role involves curating and managing all festival programs and speakers, including research and sourcing potential grants/funding to support programs and international speakers. The Program Manager collaborates closely with the Festival Director.
- Collaborate with the Festival Director to develop the program based on the festival theme.
- Research potential presenters, food trends, and brainstorm ideas with the Festival Director, and send invitations.
- Develop program sessions, including cooking demos, food discussions, masterclasses, workshops, special events, food tours, films, and night programs.
- Ensure program expenses stay within the festival budget.
- Brief volunteers working on program delivery and production, including MCs, cooking demos, food forums, and masterclasses.
- Organize program logistics and coordinate with production teams/vendors for equipment, sound systems, multimedia, ingredients, etc.
- Ensure program requirements for special events, workshops, masterclasses, and other events are communicated to venues and volunteers.
- Manage income sources, grants, and expenditure within the agreed annual budget.
- Organize contracts for speakers/chefs, including travel, accommodation, and media arrangements.
- Supervise the Program Coordinator in creating itineraries and schedules for each speaker/chef.
- Coordinate and document festival debriefing.
- Arrange moderators for food forum sessions and interpreters if needed.
- Organize logistical details for speakers, such as goodie bags, ingredients, and special requests.
- Maintain a close working relationship with the Festival Director and Management Team through weekly meetings.
- Apply for grants from funding bodies, embassies, publishers, etc., and develop collaboration opportunities for partner programs to enhance the festival and offset costs.
- Assist the Partnership team and Festival Director in developing proposals for partners by providing program information, ideas, and speaker lists.
- Liaise with the Partner team and Festival Director to meet with program event venues, discussing program concepts, menus, and run sheets.
MARKETING & MEDIA:
- Collaborate with the Festival Director and Marketing & Communications team on graphic design, copywriting, marketing, and media relations.
- Provide bios, photos, and program blurbs for the Marketing Team.
- Ensure all attending speakers are properly promoted on the website and in the program, adhering to deadlines, with accurate bios and images.
- Develop relevant milestones for the monthly newsletter, provide content for press releases, and highlight program information in coordination with the Marketing team.
- Assist in uploading program content to the website.
- Provide all program content to the Marketing team for the program book, assisting with editing blurbs, proofreading, and fact-checking.
- Liaise with the production team to determine program requirements and venue setups.
- Provide the production team with equipment requirement lists, including sound systems, lighting, audio, projectors, screens, banners, tables, chairs, decorations, and other settings.
- Program Assistant/Coordinator
- Administrative Staff
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Completion of all tasks, to-dos, and milestones based on the festival timeline/deadline.
- Program expenses stay within budget or do not exceed a maximum of 10% over the program budget.
- Festival program and speaker numbers stay within 10% of the agreed budgeted numbers.
- Successful and positive engagement with sponsors, speakers, and participants.
- Maintain good relationships and communication with other team members (staff, volunteers, interns).
- Efficient, quick, and competent task delivery by the Festival Director.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management, ideally in Food and Creative Events, or Festivals.
- Ability to work with targets.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented.
- Business development mindset.
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work with a multicultural team with various backgrounds and nationalities.
In addition to your salary, we offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes coverage for BPJS Kesehatan (health insurance) and BPJS Ketenagakerjaan (workplace accident insurance). Furthermore, you’ll also enjoy a generous annual leave entitlement.
Applications for this position must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. They should include a cover letter detailing your relevant experience in line with the position description and your CV. Applications can be submitted until 31 October 2023.
For more information about any of this position, please contact the Festival Manager, Dwi Ermayanthi (Erma), via email at: email@example.com.